A city is the sum of many sectors, each of which works with a specific set of inputs, managed for outcomes in that sector. Mapunity's focus on integrating these has helped create a technology stack that can be used in many sectors - transport, tourism, heritage, governance, environment, health and education.
Mapunity Heritage Information System
Available features :
- Places of interest, shown on a local map
- Directions to key places, along with travel information
- A chronology of the past in the region around the city
- Examples of vernacular architecture from the region
- Local cuisine and popular dishes
- Local crafts that are distinctive to the region
- Local folklore, art, and dances
- A quick learning platform the local language of the city
- Museums and galleries where local history can be understood and experienced
- An events calendar listing the dates on which different notable events are scheduled
- Books about the city that are sold in stores and online
- Walking tours in the city
- Bus tours of the city
- Day trips from the city to places of historical interest nearby.
- Pictures, videos and audio clips of historical interest
- Maps of the city at different times in the past
- A social toolbox for users to create and maintain their own memories linked to history and heritage.
- Information about governance of history-related matters in the city.